The personal data we collect
How we use your personal data
Our platform provides users with the latest communications from the The Secretary of State for Health and Social Care acting as part of the Crown through the Department of Health and Social Care (“DHSC”) and associated authorities, information on offers available to care professionals, and allows for communication between users regarding topics posted on the platform.
In order to provide this platform for your use, we must collect and process some personal data from our users. Your data may be collected in various ways, including:
- when you register to use our platform to create your account.
- via website cookies to provide full functionality of the platform
- any online forms connected with our platform
We require users to provide details of their area/specialism of work, geographic location and the type of provider they work for, to assist us in providing context to the user’s perspective, to provide the most accurate level of service and to provide usage (non-personalised) reporting based on service area/specialism and geographic location.
We require users to provide their employer’s postcode so that we can validate it against the Care Quality Commission register of care providers if required.
As we process personal information in order to provide the platform to you, we are a ‘Data Processor’ (The DHSC is the Data Controller). Our registered address as Data Processor is: Scale Space, 58 Wood Lane, London, W12 7RZ.
Why we use your personal data
We will use your personal information for a limited number of purposes and always in line with our responsibilities, where there is a legal basis to do so, and in line with your rights under the GDPR. When we collect personal data from you, we will only use it to provide services you have requested or require. We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need.
We will use the information you provide in order to:
- deliver our services
- maintain contact details and contact you where necessary including to advise of content change on articles users have read or commented on.
- obtain your opinion and feedback about the services we provide
- ensure that we fulfil our legal obligations
- Inform and fulfil our audit requirements
How we look after your data
Under the general data protection regulations (GDPR) we have a legal duty to protect any information that we hold about you. We take measures to safeguard your data and implement security standards and controls to prevent any unauthorised access to it. Information which you have provided us will be stored securely. It will only be used for the purpose(s) stated when the information was collected.
How we share your data
At no time will your information be passed to organisations external to us or our partners for marketing or sales purposes or for any commercial use without your prior explicit consent.
Keeping your data
We will delete your data at the end of the agreement with DHSC or if your account has been inactive for two years. We will also delete your data sooner than this if you make a formal request for us to do so.
To make our platform easier to use, we sometimes place small text files on your device (for example your iPad or laptop) called cookies. Our cookies aren’t used to identify you personally. They’re just here to make the site work better for you. For more information you should also refer to our Cookies Policy.
By using our platform, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. You can stop cookies being downloaded on to your computer or other device by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. If you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of our platform.
Your information rights
1. Accessing or Rectifying your personal data
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You have the right to request a copy and update the Personal Data that we hold about you.
We will delete your Personal Data either at the end of the agreement with the DHSC or once your account has been inactive for two years. You may also request that we delete your Personal Data at any time by contacting us.
3. Object, Restrict or Withdraw Consent
You may wish to object to or restrict our ability to process your Personal Data, this can be done either via email or in writing, using the contact details below.
You may wish to port your Personal Data to another platform, and you can do so by contacting us.
Who We Are And How To Contact Us
Hive Learning Limited operates this platform on behalf of the DHSC. We are the data processor and DHSC is responsible for defining and managing how your personal data is processed (as the data controller).
Data Processor: Hive Learning Limited
Data Processor address: Scale Space, 58 Wood Lane, London, W12 7RZ.
Data Processor email address: email@example.com
Data Controller: The Secretary of State for Health and Social Care acting as part of the Crown through the Department of Health and Social Care,
Data Controller address: 39 Victoria Street, Westminster, London, SW1H 0EU
Data Controller email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to get help or support on the use of the app, you can contact us at email@example.com and our Service Desk will respond. The Service Desk is managed by ZenDesk and Blenheim Chalcot IT Services India PVT.LTD on behalf of Hive Learning.
Your use of the platform
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a public area of the website, such as a public profile page, or a comment will be available to any visitor or user who has access to that content and any comment you post will have your name attached to it so please be mindful of what you post
- Your name, area/speciality of work, name of provider and geographic region (plus optional fields of job title and name of employer) can be viewed by all users in your public profile
- Any optional fields on your profile are optional only, and you do not have to complete them in order to register to use the platform
- Users can comment on content already on the platform, but cannot post new content to the platform.
- Emails will be sent to you summarising activity about posts of interest to you. You can turn off these notifications on the platform if you do not wish to receive them
- If you are removed from the platform for any reason (including if you delete your profile), your comments will remain but your name will no longer appear as the author of those comments. If requested, comments can be deleted entirely unless there is a legal reason to retain them.
- We monitor for profanity and other offensive comments and expressly state in our user terms and conditions that such behaviour is not accepted. Please see our terms and conditions for further details on this.